Tuesday, March 2, 2010

NOG 07: It's No Ninja Blade...

It's a fact: Ninja Blade is the finest game to grace the Xbox 360. In fact, it's the second best console game ever. The first best was of course The Fist of the North Star on the NES. That game was amazing, exhibiting game play of such sublime quality that it will likely never be matched. But anyway, back to Ninja Blade. Do you like ninjas? What about blades? This game has them both, and tons of quick time events to boot! It's like playing pure awesome with a side order of phenomenal. And the story? People who say gaming hasn't had its Citizen Kane need to shut the crap up, because this game makes Citizen Cane look like The Godfather Part II. I give Ninja Blade a 17 out of 10, and that's only because if it went any higher it would rank better than The Fist of the North Star.

Join Brent, Wes, Eric and Spencer as they explore.... Are they really just games? Do they mean something more to us? Are they good or bad? Other questions as well!

[display_podcast]

9 comments:

  1. Allods is awesome. Glad Eric is out of jail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annnnnnd If anyone is in the EU and wants allods go to the Eu allods site http://en.allods.gpotato.eu/?gclid=CP_diZ71nKACFZ2Y2Aod4Wn1dw

    Which I think is slightly newer as well... also don't download the "self extracting files" ever- Rar or zip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn...I was looking forward to a stinger of Ash screaming "I am a homo!" as a little stinger at the end from the conversation after the WoWoW show on sunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg that auto tune is amazing. glad your out of jail. it broke my heart that you werent on the last episode.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, my name is Bennett. I have listened to the show but was almost turned off at the beginning because I thought it would all be about pc gaming. I continued to listen willingly and now want you guys to be the next games radar.

    You guys should discuss the problem between Infinity Ward and Activision and discuss the importance/relationship between developer and publisher.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They kinda sounded like 4 male GLaDOSes

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mac has steam now, spencer...

    ReplyDelete
  8. WERE IS MY ZUNE DOWNLOAD

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think video games are FAR more addictive than television. In my opinion, this is largely due to accessibility. TV shows are only on when they're on. Video games are there, always. I have never been at work and thought, "Oh man, I can't wait to get home and watch whatever happens to be on." However, if I have a game at home that I love playing, especially if it's a new game, it's on my mind all day and I will start playing as soon as I get home.

    This of course assumes that folks that are "addicted to television" are into specific shows and not just the tv as an object. Unless they have those particular shows on DVD or DVR, they are not as accessible as video games. I can stay home from work and play video games all day, but I have to wait until Tuesday night to watch Lost.

    ReplyDelete